Pork Medallions with Sauteed Apples
Author: Meals Matter; Taste of Home
Recipe type: Entrees
The thyme and apples pair beautifully in this easy and flavorful dish; Quick to prepare.
- 3 pounds pork medallions
- 1½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- Minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples wedged
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⅓ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- Flatten pork to ½ inch thickness.
- Combine thyme paprika and pepper and sprinkle over both side of pork.
- Broil 3-4 inches from source of heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- In skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the apples; cook and stir for 2 minutes or til tender.
- Combine the cornstarch broth and apple juice until smooth
- Stir into apple mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened,
- Serve with pork and rice!
Cooks Notes: 3 oz. pork plus ½ cup apples equals 251 calories.
Calories: 251 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 355mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 25g