Author: Meals Matter; meals.com
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
This cheese-enriched polenta makes a great side to chicken and pork dishes or as part of a vegetarian meal. Easy to prepare; Vegetarian.
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup yellow Corn Meal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Fontina or mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) primavera pasta-ready chunky tomatoes, un-drained
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly add corn meal, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in Fontina cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for an additional 2 minutes or until very thick.
- Spread into prepared pie plate; cool for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into wedges.
- Heat tomatoes and juice; serve over wedges.
Calories: 162 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 5.5g Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 374mg Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 7g