Poached Halibut with Horseradish Sauce
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
This easy fish dish features a tangy sauce. Easy to prepare; Low calories; Low fat.
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 2 slices onion
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ lb. 1 inch thick halibut fillets
- Combine sour cream, horseradish, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon lemon zest, sugar and pepper in a small bowl; mix until blended smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Combine water, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, onion, parsley and bay leaf in a shallow pan or skillet; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 20 minutes.
- Add halibut and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve poached fish with horseradish sauce.
Calories: 171 Fat: 1.9g Carbohydrates: 11g Sodium: 169mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 27mg