Pineapple Champagne Ice
Author: 1,001 Delicious Desserts for People with Diabetes by Sue Spitler with Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., , and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S
Recipe type: Desserts
This different frozen dessert can be made without an ice cream machine. Low fat Low cholesterol; Low sodium.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2½ cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup dry champagne or sparkling wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices fresh pineapple (½ inch thick)
- Mint sprigs, as garnish
- Sprinkle gelatin over pineapple juice in medium saucepan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in champagne and nutmeg.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. (Or pour mixture into 9-inch square baking pan and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours; spoon into bowl and beat until fluffy. Return to pan and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight.)
- To serve, place pineapple slices on dessert plates.
- Top each with a scoop of Pineapple-Champagne Ice. Garnish with mint.
Calories: 67 Fat: .2g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 13.6g Sodium: 3mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 1.1g Cholesterol: 0mg