Perfectly Peachy Waffles
Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
Even confirmed breakfast skippers will find time to enjoy these delicious fruit topped waffles. Easy to prepare; Low fat; Kids love it.
- 26 oz. sliced peaches canned in juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 8 low-fat, whole grain waffles (4” diameter)
- Drain the peaches reserving 1 cup of juice.
- Pour the juice into a small saucepan, set the peaches aside.
- Add the cornstarch and cinnamon to the juice, stirring until blended and smooth.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Carefully mix the banana slices with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana slices, drained peaches, and grapes with the juice mixture.
- Toast waffles.
- Place a waffle on each plate and top with equal portions of the fruit mixture.
Calories: 143 Fat: 1.2g Saturated fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 33g Sodium: 219mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg