Pea Vichyssoise With Prosciutto
Author: Courtesy of Peas.org
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 pound bag frozen peas
- 1 leek roughly sliced, washed to remove any grit
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup cream
- 5 tablespoons crème fraiche
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Prosciutto ham roughly chopped
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add spring onion, leek and garlic, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add peas and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition — vitamin A and beta carotene, B complex vitamins, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium, manganese, potassium, quercitin, allicin plus other antioxidants from the herbs and seasonings.
Calories: 396 Fat: 43g Saturated fat: 22g Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 2.89g Fiber: 2g Protein: 19g