Pasta with Wild Mushrooms
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Entrees
This rich and earthy dish is perfect for a fall dinner. Vegetarian; Good Source of Calcium; Low Fat; Low Sodium.
- ½ bag Porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons cut sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ lb. fettuccine or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ scallion, trimmed and cut diagonally into ¼ inch slices
- Cover mushrooms with hot water in a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shallots 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and continue to saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in milk, salt, and white pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until volume is reduced by ¼.
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water until al dente.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan and scallions.
Cooking time does not include cooking pasta.
Calories: 425 Fat: 3.1g Saturated fat: 1.1g Unsaturated fat: 0.9g Carbohydrates: 81.6g Sodium: 138mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 16.4g