Orange Pineapple Corn Muffins
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
A sweet and satisfying whole grain muffin. Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon dried orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Combine applesauce, pineapple with juice, orange juice and sugar in large bowl; mix with handheld mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, and baking powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake until mixed.
- Gradually add flour mixture to bowl and mix until blended.
- Fold in orange zest and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cook slightly before removing from pan.
Calories: 95 Fat: 0.1g Carbohydrates: 23g Sodium: 55mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0g