Orange French Toast
Author: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
The addition of orange juice adds an extra sweetness. low fat; low cholesterol; low calories.
- 1 loaf fat-free sourdough bread, sliced thick
- 2 cartons fat-free egg substitute, thawed
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix egg substitute, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place slices of sourdough bread into egg mixture and let soak for 1 minute.
- Remove bread slices and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over bread and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- Remove bread slices from egg mixture and sprinkle both sides of the bread with cinnamon.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Cook bread slices over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once so both sides of the bread are crisp.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top (optional) and serve with fresh fruit.
Calories: 127 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 301mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg