Oh, Boy! Squash
Author: DCC, Meals Matter
Recipe type: Vegetables
A great side dish for most meals. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
- 6 Yellow squash (crooked neck), sliced thin
- 1 Medium onion (brown), chopped fine
- ¼ stick Butter
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on sides and bottom of a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Place 2 thinly sliced yellow squash on bottom of casserole dish.
- Next cover squash with a layer of chopped onion. Add pieces of butter on top of the onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat layering until all of the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over the casserole.
- Cover casserole dish with a piece of foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Then place 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole and put back in the oven.
- Broil until the cheese is crusted and lightly browned.
Simple (6 ingredients or less); Kids can help make it.
Calories: 182 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 9g Unsaturated fat: .6g Carbohydrates: 8.5g Sodium: 123mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 7.5g