Macaroni Blue Cheese Salad
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Salads
Blue cheese is an acquired taste but this delicious and easy recipe makes it easy. Easy to prepare; Low calories; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 1 cup (4 oz) elbow macaroni, cooked, room temperature
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- Blue Cheese Dressing (See below)
- Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine macaroni, bell pepper, cucumber, carrots and green onions in bowl; stir in Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Mix all ingredients.
Calories: 82 Fat: .0g Saturated fat: .4g Carbohydrates: 16.3g Sodium: 159mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 2.6g Cholesterol: 1.3g