Low Fat Cornbread
Author: MealsMatter.org, Quick Cooking Magazine
Recipe type: Breads
Cornmeal counts as a whole grain and this low calorie, low fat version is perfect for any meal plan. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Low Calorie; Low Fat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg whites, milk and applesauce.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9 in. square baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 100 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 198mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g