Low Fat Cheesy Potatoes
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
This is a great low fat version of the traditional scallop potato. Low Fat.
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup & (2 oz.) Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together milk, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, if desired.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in onion.
- Spray a 1-1/2 quart casserole with nonstick spray coating.
- Place half of the potatoes in the casserole. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- Bake, covered, in a 350º F., oven about 65 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- If desired, garnish with parsley.
Calories: 155 Fat: 2.1g Saturated fat: 1.1g Unsaturated fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 31g Sodium: 229mg Fiber: 5.9g Protein: 6.7g