London Broil with Fresh Mushroom Salsa
Author: Meals Matter; meals.com
Recipe type: Entrees
This dish is delicious with a green salad and crusty bread. Simple (6 ingredients or less); Quick & easy to prepare.
- 1 lb flank, round or shoulder steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fresh white mushrooms (about 3 cups), sliced
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 1 cup mild salsa
- Preheat broiler.
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a broiler rack; broil about 4 inches from heat until desired doneness is reached, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, cook, mixing gently, until salsa is hot, about 15 seconds.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain in thin slices and serve with Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce.
Calories: 280 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 9g Sodium: 360mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 26g