Lamb Chops with Kiwi Fruit
Author: California Kiwifruit Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
The kiwi fruit acts as a tenderizer and also provides a tart pop to the rich lamb. Lamb isn’t for everyone but this simple recipe is tasty and sodium free. Easy to prepare; Low Sodium.
- 2 California Kiwifruit peeled and crushed
- 2 California Kiwifruit sliced
- 1-3 oz lamb chop per person
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (per lamb chop)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- Place the lamb chops in a flat bottomed plastic or glass container.
- Sprinkle lamb chops with oregano, garlic and cover with olive oil.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (overnight for best results).
- Remove from refrigerator and cover with crushed kiwi fruit. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Broil or grill lamb chops for 13 – 15 minutes turning once.
- Garnish with kiwi fruit slices and serve immediately.
Calories: 165 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 24g