Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Desserts
Pumpkin cookies are moist and delectable! The icing flavored with rum (extract) adds an intriguing flavor. Kids love it!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 3 – 4 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- FOR COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in medium bowl.
- Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread each cookie with frosting.
- FOR FROSTING:
- Beat butter, rum extract and remaining vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and evaporated milk until smooth (frosting will be thin).
Serving size: 5 doz. Calories: 200 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 26g Sodium: 95mg Fiber: .5g Protein: 2g