Hot ‘n’ Spicy Barbecue Shrimp
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
Easy to prepare; Low fat; If you love shrimp you’ll love this easy (and as spicy as you want) dish.
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined (frozen is fine)
- 3 tablespoon chunky style salsa (choose the heat level you prefer)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw first under cold water and pat dry. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Combine barbecue sauce and salsa in a small bowl; mix well.
- Brush sauce on shrimp and broil shrimp 3 to 4 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and curl. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately
Unless you happen to live on the gulf coast, the shrimp you find in your seafood case is likely to be frozen and thawed. So just purchase frozen shrimp and thaw what you need.
Calories: 140 Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 398mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 23g Cholesterol: 175mg