Hot and Sweet Watermelon
Author: Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH)
Recipe type: Desserts
Pepper corns and mint add a touch of spice to this easy recipe. Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol; Low sodium.
- ¾ teaspoon whole peppercorns or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon very finely chopped mint leaves
- 6 cups ¾-inch seedless red watermelon cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
- Place peppercorns on chopping block.
- Using the bottom of a heavy saucepan, press firmly, into a heavy downward motion and crush peppercorns into a semi-coarse texture.
- Combine ground peppercorns with finely chopped mint.
- In a large bowl, toss spice mixture gently but thoroughly with watermelon cubes.
- Spoon into 4 individual serving glasses or bowls.
- Serve chilled, garnished with a fresh mint leaf.
Calories: 71 Fat: 0.4g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 18g Sodium: 2mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg