Hearts of Romaine Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken
Author: Meals Matter Cooking Light
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Canned anchovy fillets
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1⅓ cups Plain croutons
- 2 Heads hearts of romaine lettuce, leaves separated (about 14 ounces)
- 3 Servings Lemon-Grilled Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place egg in a small bowl or coffee mug; cover with boiling water. Let stand 1 minute. Rinse egg with cold water; break egg into a small bowl.
- Combine pepper and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) in a mini food processor; process until minced. Add egg and juice; process 1 minute or until thick. Gradually add oil and 1 tablespoon water, processing until blended.
- Combine croutons, lettuce, Lemon-Grilled Chicken Breasts, and egg mixture in a large bowl; toss gently. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Coddling the egg makes it creamy but does not heat it to 160°, the temperature required to kill bacteria. Use a pasteurized whole egg if you have safety concerns.
Calories: 261 Fat: 10.1g Saturated fat: 2.8g Unsaturated fat: 1.3g Carbohydrates: 12.5g Sodium: 561mg Fiber: 1.8g Protein: 29.3g