Guilt Free Turkey Gravy
Author: MealsMatter.org;The National Turkey Federation
Recipe type: Sauces, Spreads & Marinades
A easy, fat free gravy for your Thanksgiving turkey. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Simple (6 ingredients or less).
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- 4 cups Turkey broth and de-fatted pan juices
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring turkey broth and pan juices to a boil.
- Meanwhile, blend until smooth the cornstarch and water.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until the gravy is thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In order to defat pan juices, pour poultry drippings into a glass measuring cup and refrigerate until the fat solidifies. Removes the fat layer and discard.
Calories: 12 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 175mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 1g