Grilled Zucchini Roll Ups with Herbs and Cheese
Author: Meals Matter; Quick & Fresh
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
The grilled zucchini is smoky and the herb goat cheese adds a fresh and creamy punch. Quick to prepare; Make ahead; Low sodium.
- 3 small zucchini (1/2 lb each), cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1½ oz goat cheese, reduced fat
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush the rest with oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can make the grilled zucchini a day ahead and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing them together with a fork.
- Put ½ teaspoon of the cheese mixture about ½ inch from the end of a zucchini slice.
- Top with a few spinach leaves and one small or half of a large basil leaf.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
- You can make these up to a day before you are ready to serve and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 150 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1.5g Unsaturated fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 7.5g Sodium: 160mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 3g