Grilled Vegetable Salad
Author: Diabetes Comfort Food by Johanna Burkhard
Recipe type: Salads
A must for any barbecue. Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 small zucchini
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Slice onion into four rounds; insert small bamboo skewers through slices to prevent them from falling apart when grilling.
- Cut peppers into quarters; remove ribs and seeds.
- Cut zucchini crosswise into halves and then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Arrange vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Dressing: In a bowl, combine oil, vinegars, mustard, garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Brush vegetables with vinaigrette and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or for up to 4 hours.
- Place on grill over medium-high heat; grill for 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally; remove vegetables as they become tender-crisp.
- Transfer to a serving platter; serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 72 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 165mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg