Grilled Turkey Tenders and Vegetables
Author: Meals Matter; Adapted from Woman’s Day
Recipe type: Entrees
Quick and tasty way to get vegetables and protein. Quick to prepare (under 30 minutes); Low Sodium; Low Fat.
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 2 pounds)
- 1 medium eggplant (1 pound)
- 1 pound green or yellow squash
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- Nonstick spray
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil
- MARINADE: whisk lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper together in a bowl.
- Put ¾ of the marinade in a large zip-top bag with turkey. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice eggplant and squash ½ inch thick.
- Place with tomatoes on baking sheet, coat with non-stick spray.
- Heat outdoor grill or stove top grill pan.
- Put turkey on grill (discard marinade in bag).
- Grill 7-9 minutes per side until an instant read thermometer reads at least 170 degrees F.
- Remove, and cover loosely with foil.
- Grill eggplant and zucchini 4 minutes per side until just tender
- Grill tomatoes 2 minutes per side until charred but not soft.
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, toss gently with remaining marinade.
- Serve with sliced turkey.
Calories: 230 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 130mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 39g