Grilled Tuna Salad
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Lunch
Fresh tuna is a real treat and this recipe is easy to prepare. Easy to prepare; Low fat.
- 1 lb. Ahi tuna
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion
- Chopped broccoli (optional)
- Chopped cauliflower (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- ½ cup nonfat Italian salad dressing, or other Salad Dressing of choice
- 1½ cups nonfat croutons, flavor of choice
- Spray grill with cooking spray and preheat 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle tuna on both sides with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Place tuna on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes, onion and broccoli and cauliflower (if using).
- Pour dressing over top and toss until completely mixed.
- Slice tuna and arrange on top of salad; toss lightly and serve.
- Top with croutons
Calories: 213 Fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 19g Sodium: 419mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 30g Cholesterol: 51mg