Grilled Summer Squash
Author: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in half
- ¼ cup Oriental broth
- ⅓ tsp. crushed basil
- ⅓ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1½ tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ tsp. ginger
- ⅓ tsp. dried mint leaves
- Place zucchini and squash in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, lime juice, mint, ginger, basil, pepper, and soy sauce; mix until blended.
- Pour mixture over vegetables, cover, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot grill; remove vegetables from marinade and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, brushing frequently with marinade, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Slice cooked vegetables; toss with remaining marinade and serve.
Calories: 18 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 125mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg