Author: Meals Matter; Dairy Council
Recipe type: Desserts
This easy to prepare dish is smoky and sweet. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Vegetarian; Low Sodium.
- HONEY GLAZE:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 bananas
- 2 peaches
- 2 nectarines
- 2 plums
- 1 pineapple
- Stir together all of the honey glaze ingredients until smooth.
- For grilled bananas: Peel the bananas, and slice in half crosswise and then lengthwise. (you will have 4 pieces, each about 4 inches long and ½ inch thick.)
- Using a pastry brush, coat the banana pieces with the glaze.
- Grill over direct medium heat for 6-8 min., turning gently, until light brown.
- For grilled peaches, nectarines, plums: halve the fruit and remove the pits.
- Toss the fruit gently in a bowl with the honey glaze. Grill, cut side down, over direct medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning after 7 or 8 min.
- For grilled pineapple: Cut off the top and the peel. Slice the fruit into ¾ inch-thick rounds. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each slice with the glaze. Grill over direct medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
Grilling times differ for different fruits; see instructions for grilling times.
Calories: 187 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 6g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 25.8g Sodium: 2 mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g