Grilled Fruit With Strawberry Dip
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Desserts
When grilled, your favorite fresh fruit picks up new and unique flavor! Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Kids can help make it; Vegetarian.
- 8 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package frozen strawberries, sweetened (16-oz.)
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon dried, ground ginger
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 4 peaches, halved or quartered
- 8 chunks pineapple
- 4 plums, nectarines, or papayas, halved
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a blender, puree cheese, strawberries, yogurt and ginger together until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours before grilling fruit.
- When ready to grill fruit, thread pieces of prepared fruit onto 8 skewers.
- Mix together vinegar and sugar.
- Grill fruit until lightly browned, turning frequently and brushing with vinegar mixture during grilling.
- Serve grilled fruit with sauce on side.
Calories: 124 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 23g Protein: 4g