Green Beans and Pan Roasted Red Onions
Author: mealsmatter.org Cooking Light Magazine
Recipe type: Vegetables
Kids Love It; Kids can help make it; Low Calorie; Low Sodium.
- 5 cups Water
- 1 lb Green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup Fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add beans.
- Cook 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; saute 8 mintues or until browned.
- Add broth; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Stir in beans; cover and cook 2 minutes.
NOTE: beans may be cut into small pieces, if desired.
Calories: 31 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 5g Sodium: 67mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g