Green Bean and Plum Tomato Salad
Author: Diabetes Comfort Food by Johanna Burkhard
Recipe type: Salads
An easy and really different vegetable salad. Low calorie; Low cholesterol.
- 1 lb young green beans, trimmed
- 8 small plum tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water to chill; drain well. Pat dry with paper towels or wrap in a clean dry towel.
- Cut plum tomatoes in half lengthwise; using a small spoon, scoop out centers. Cut each piece again in half lengthwise; place in a bowl.
- Just before serving, combine beans, tomatoes and green onions in a serving bowl.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Calories: 128 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 150mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg