Grapes and Grains
Author: Cool Fuel Cookbook for Kids Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH)
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
Each serving provides: An excellent source of fiber, and a good source of vitamin C.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 cups cooked barley (do not overcook)
- 1 ½ cups seedless or halved, seeded grapes
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- In mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lemon and orange juices.
- Add barley, grapes, celery, and onions, tossing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper; chill until serving time.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 247 Fat: 8.2g Saturated fat: 1.2g Carbohydrates: 42g Sodium: 89mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg