Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
A hearty and delicious snack food you can take with you on-the-go, or enjoy at home! Kids can help make it; Make Ahead; Low Sodium; High Fiber.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup plain yogurt or milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup peanut butter (plain or chunky)
- 1½ cups oat bran
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all purpose white or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Dried fruit such as: cranberries, golden or black
- raisins, cherries, pineapple, apricots – if pieces are large, chop smaller
- ¼ cup Raw almonds (or nut of Preference)
- 1¼ cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix top 7 ingredients.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients in order listed.
- Spread mixture into greased 9×11 inch baking dish and smooth down well with spatula (mixture will be somewhat moist in order to hold together).
- Bake 20 minutes and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 20 bars
*Can include yogurt chips for added sweetness. Makes 20 bars.
Calories: 265 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 44g Sodium: 87mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 10g