Grandma’s Party Potatoes
Author: mealsmatter.org Quick Cooking Magazine
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
The cream cheese and onion dip create a wonderful velvety texture. Make the night before and then pop it in the oven.
- 8 to 9 cups Diced peeled potatoes
- 2 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Carton (8 oz) French onion dip
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and onion dip; mix well.
- Spread in a greased 2-1/2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 223 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 5g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 228mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g