Gorgonzola Stuffed Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Author: Meals Matter; Shape Magazine
Recipe type: Lunch
This great burger has less than 300 calories! It’s also just as good without the bun. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Good Source of Calcium.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground sirloin (or buffalo, or veal, or your favorite meat.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1-inch cubes Gorgonzola or any blue cheese you like
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (fresh is best!!)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 Dash of Mrs. Dash
- Spray grill with cooking spray and set heat to medium
- In a large bowl, combine meat, salt and black pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 equal balls.
- Press 1 cube of Gorgonzola cheese into the center of each ball, covering cheese completely with meat. Shape balls into patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Place burger on grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 7 ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Place burgers on rolls and spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce over each burger.
Calories: 292 Fat: 14.6g Carbohydrates: 28g Sodium: 595mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 26g