Author: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 36 cookies
These guilt free gingersnaps are nice and spicy. Low fat; Low cholesterol; Low sodium
- 1 cup apple butter
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon ginger
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- In a large bowl, combine apple butter, egg substitute, and brown sugar
- Mix until blended smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice to butter mixture and mix until dry ingredients are moistened and blended.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with nonfat cooking spray.
- Roll dough into balls and flatten with sugar-dipped glass or roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and bake in preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
Calories: 83 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 14g Sodium: 13mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg