Garlic-Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring ’05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Entrees
Easy to Prepare; Simple (6 ingredients or less); Low in sodium
- 1 Roasting chicken, bone-in
- 3 medium red onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 24 garlic cloves
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (best in convection oven with fan on).
- Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- Smear rosemary and crushed garlic on top of skin of breast and drumsticks.
- Cook skin side down. Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone, and get a reading of 150ºF. Bake at 400ºF for 45 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice from end of each onion.
- Use olive oil to coat garlic cloves and onions and roast in oven at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- Cover onions and garlic loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
Nothing is better than a good roast chicken, crispy crust and juicy inside. This recipe delivers every time!
Calories: 320 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 54g