Garlic Roasted Bell Peppers
Author: DCC, Meals Matter Dairy Council of California
Recipe type: Vegetables
Kids can help make it. Low Calorie; Low Fat; Low Sodium.
- 2 Large green bell peppers
- 2 Large red bell peppers
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 2 (2- x ½-inch) strips orange rind
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ¼ cup Minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Cut each pepper half into 4 wedges. Place wedges, garlic, and orange rind in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining ingredients. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm with chicken, beef, or pork.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 80 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: .5g Unsaturated fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 9mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 2g