Fruit and Cabbage Slaw
Author: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
The apple and orange add a touch of sweetness to this slaw. Low fat; Low calorie; Low cholesterol.
- 4 cups purchased coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped, unpeeled apple
- ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- 1 11oz. can mandarin orange segments, drained, reserving 2 tbsp. liquid
- Combine the coleslaw mix and apple in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery seed, and reserved 2 tablespoons mandarin orange liquid and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
- Gently fold in the orange segments.
- Cover salad mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 42 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 91mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg