French Toast Casserole
Author: Meals Matter; Organized Home
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
This yummy, sweet and crunchy recipe that can be prepped ahead of time. Make ahead.
- 1 lb Loaf Italian Bread
- 8 oz. Low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup Sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Chopped pecans, optional
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tbs. Butter, melted
- Cut bread into cubes, place half in greased 9×13″ pan.
- Microwave the cream cheese to melt, stirring midway.
- Once melted, add half the sugar.
- Pour mixture over the bread cubes (will not completely cover).
- Sprinkle nuts over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon and melted butter together.
- Pour over bread cubes. Freeze at this point or let sit overnight in fridge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve with warm syrup or fruit toppings.
Calories: 404 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 8g Unsaturated fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 49g Sodium: 393mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 15g