Fish with Summer Squash
Author: Meals Matter; Adapted from Prevention Magazine
Recipe type: Entrees
This mouth watering dish is rich in nutrients and has heart healthy unsaturated fats. Low calorie; Low Sodium; Low Fat.
- 1 strip lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 striped bass, or other fish fillets, (4-6 ounces each) about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In 13 by 19 inch baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon oil, and onion. Spread in even layer.
- Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. and remove pan from oven.
- Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
- Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, 8-10 minutes for thin and 12-15 for thick.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, remaining oil, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.
Calories: 211 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1.5g Unsaturated fat: 1.9g Carbohydrates: 8g Sodium: 125mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 22g