Grilled Brie and Pear Quesadillas
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 6 oz Brie cheese, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 small, ripe Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until caramelized stirring frequently.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface.
- Place equal amounts of cheeses, pears, caramelized onions and thyme on half of each tortilla; fold over to enclose filling.
- Place on a grill over low heat and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp and golden.
Calories: 260 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 9g Unsaturated fat: 0.8g Carbohydrates: 23g Sodium: 390mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 12g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/grilled-brie-and-pear-quesadillas/