Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Author: Meals Matter; American Dietetics Association
Recipe type: Desserts
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons half and half cream
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 20 large strawberries or 30 medium strawberries.
- In a one-quart glass bowl combine chocolate and cream.
- Heat in microwave oven on high 1½ to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate mixture allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. If necessary, add additional cream to the chocolate to achieve desired coating consistency.
- Transfer the coated strawberry to a baking sheet lined with foil or waxed paper and repeat process.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and then chill the strawberries until chocolate is set, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Serving size depends on size of fruit used; Calories based on 3 chocolate dipped strawberries.
Calories: 114 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 5g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: 2mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/dark-chocolate-covered-strawberries/