Cinnamon Dusted Sweet Potatoes
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or yams), with skin (see Notes), scrubbed well, and ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (substitute ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice)
- Oven method:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft when pierced by a fork.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Split potatoes open and sprinkle with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice.
- Microwave method:
- Prick potatoes twice with a fork. Place side by side on a paper towel in center of microwave oven. Cook on high 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft when pierced by a fork.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice.
Note: The skin of sweet potatoes contains many nutrients and fiber and should be left on and eaten whenever possible.
Cooking time for Microwave is about 5-8 minutes.
Calories: 93 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sodium: 11mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 1g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/cinnamon-dusted-sweet-potatoes/