Chocolate Strawberry Cheese Balls
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Desserts
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- ¾ cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate, continue beating until smooth.
- Stir in wafer crumbs and strawberry preserves.
- Cover; chill one hour.
- Pinch off pieces of mixture and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in chopped almonds.
- Chill until serving.
Calories: 234 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 8g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 80mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/chocolate-strawberry-cheese-balls/