Author: Meals Matter; Weight Watchers Simply the best
Recipe type: Entrees
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 7 fat-free saltine crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large non stick saucepan, melt butter. Add celery and scallions; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese, stir until melted.
- Stir in the chicken, macaroni and peas; cook, stirring as needed until heated through and the peas are thawed, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a 1½-quart casserole; top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake until the crumbs are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Calories: 563 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 3g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 75g Sodium: 387mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 42g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/chicken-tetrazzini/