California Pistachio Stuffed Mushrooms
Author: Meals Matter, DCC; California Pistachio Commission
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
- 20 medium mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ cup butter, divided
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup shelled, roasted/salted pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushroom caps
- Finely chop stems.
- Saute stems and onion in ¼ cup butter until tender.
- Add bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps.
- Place on baking sheet; drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 5 minutes or until hot.
They can be broiled instead of baked. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes until browned and thoroughly heated.
Calories: 120 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 5g Sodium: 170mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/california-pistachio-stuffed-mushrooms-3/