Apple Carrot Muffins
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Breads
- 1¾ cups Raisin bran cereal
- 1¼ cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Canola oil
- ¾ cup Finely chopped peeled tart apple
- ¾ cup Grated carrots
- ¼ cup Chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fold in apple, carrots and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with nonstick cooking spray three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Calories: 194 Fat: 6.8g Saturated fat: 0.7g Unsaturated fat: 2.4g Carbohydrates: 30.8g Sodium: 107.8mg Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 3.7g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/apple-carrot-muffins/