Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper, divided
- 1¼ cups chopped green onions, divided
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped, divided
- 2 (16 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ground celery seeds
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ to 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1½ cups nonfat croutons
- Set aside 1 cup bell pepper, ½ cup green onions and 1 cup cucumber; store in plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients except croutons in blender and blend until smooth. Pour gazpacho into bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add reserved vegetables and top with croutons.
Calories: 117 Fat: 0.7g Carbohydrates: 28g Sodium: 541mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/chunky-gazpacho/