Sweet Potato, Apple and Raisin Casserole
Author: America's Complete Diabetes Cookbook Edited by Katherine E. Younker, MBA, RD, Certified Diabetes Educator
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 T margarine, melted
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup cubed peeled sweet apples
- Steam or microwave sweet potatoes just until slightly underdone.
- Drain and place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, honey, cinnamon, margarine, raisins, walnuts and apples; mix well.
- Pour over sweet potatoes and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until tender.
Calories: 216 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 42g Sodium: 60mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/sweet-potato-apple-and-raisin-casserole/