Wild Rice and Apricot Stuffing
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 2 (14½ oz.) cans nonfat vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- ⅓ cup wild rice
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- ½ cup diced dried apricots
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- Pepper to taste
- Combine ½ cup of broth, onion and thyme in a large pot; cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour remaining broth into pot; add sage and poultry seasoning and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add wild rice; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in white rice; cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in reserved mushroom mixture and apricots.
- Cover pot and simmer until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with pepper and serve.
Calories: 176 Fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 37g Sodium: 452mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/wild-rice-and-apricot-stuffing/