Make Ahead and Marinate Garden Vegetable Salad
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 cup nonfat Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz. grape tomatoes (optional)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1½ cups cauliflower florets
- Nonfat cheddar cheese chunks or grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 2½ cups sliced mushrooms
- Combine salad dressing, vinegar and honey in blender; blend until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese, if using, in large bowl and toss lightly.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- If desired, just before serving, add cheddar cheese chunks or sprinkle with nonfat Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 113 Fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 26g Sodium: 171mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/make-ahead-an-marinate-garden-vegetable-salad/